Different women possess different body shapes, so why shouldn’t there be garments of different sizes and colors catering to different bodies? But are you not sure of what styles and cuts cater to your body the best? Don’t worry, we are here to discuss the best tops for different body shapes so that you can look as well as feel the best. We will cover best tops for women that are stylish and flattering. So embark on this journey of finding the perfectly cute tops for women with the perfectly different bodies.
Tops for Different Body Shapes:
1. Tops for Pear-Shaped Body Types
For pear-shaped bodies with a smaller bust & hips wider than shoulders, it’s best to accentuate your waist while balancing your proportions. So cute tops for women with pear shaped bodies can be an A-line tops, off-the-shoulder tops and wrap tops. A-line tops flatter a pear-shaped body with the cinching at the waist and flaring out at the bottom, creating an hour glass shape. Off-the shoulder tops balance out the proportions too while drawing attention to the upper body and the neckline. Wrap tops cinch in at waist and create a flattering V-neckline, making it perfect for pear-shaped bodies.
2. Tops for Apple-Shaped Body Types
If your mid-section is wider than your hips and shoulders and you have a fuller bust, then you got an apple-shaped body. The best tops for apple shaped body types will draw attention to the upper body and elongate the torso. Some examples of cute tops for women with apple shaped bodies are V-neck tops, empire waist tops and flowy tops. V-neck tops create a slimming effect by drawing the attention to the neckline and elongation of the torso. Flowy tops are great for the apple-shaped bodies because they don’t cling to the body and exude an effortless, laid-back outlook. Empire waist tops create a flattering silhouettes by cinching in at the smallest part of the waist and flow outwards.
3. Tops for Hourglass-Shaped Body Types
If your bust and hips are balanced and you have a defined waist, then that’s an hourglass-shaped body. Accentuating the waist while balancing out all the proportions should be the purpose of a top on an hourglass-shaped body. Fitted tops, wrap tops and peplum tops are some great tops for women with hourglass shaped bodies. Wrap tops cinch in at the waist and create a flattering V-neckline which gives out elegance. Fitted tops highlight the curves and accentuate the waist, making it perfect for hourglass-shaped bodies. Peplum tops flair out the chest to create a feminine silhouette thus making it a great option as well.
4. Tops for Rectangle-Shaped Body Types
If your shoulders, waist and hips are approximately of the same width, then you have a rectangle-shaped body. The key to finding the right top is to define the waist and create the illusion of curves. So based on that, we have the following options: scoop-neck tops, ruffled tops and belted tops. Scoop neck tops draw major attention towards the collarbone but also create an illusion of a fuller bust. Ruffled tops put on a dimension to the bust and make an illusion of curves. Belted tops create an illusion of an hourglass figure by cinching in at the waist.
Tips for Accessorizing Tops for Different Body Shapes
Accessorizing in an outlook is the next vital step once you found the perfect top based on your body shape. To accessorize cute tops for women, we have got you covered with the following tips:
- For pear-shaped bodies, put on statement necklacs and earrings to draw attention to upper body.
- Long necklace or a scarf to make vertical lines and stretch the torso is a perfect add-on for apple-shaped body types.
- For hourglass-shaped body types cinch in at the waist with the help of a belt to also highlight the curves.
- For rectangle-shaped body types, chunky bracelets and layered necklaces are best to add dimension to the bust area.
The Importance of Feeling Confident in Your Clothes
The most important thing to do is to innately feel the confidence in your body shape and not restrict yourself with the given suggestions. Feel comfortable with a different choice of clothing and fearlessly experiment with different styles and cuts. Remember that fashion should be fun and expressive, so when you feel good about what you are wearing, it lays a positive impact in your overall demeanor irrespective of wherever you go.
Tips for Choosing the Right Fabric and Color
In addition to choosing the right style & cut, it’s a significant move to choose the right fabric and color for your top. Following tips will help you choose the right fabric and colors based on your body shape.
- For pear-shaped body types, consider fabrics like silk or chiffon because they drape and flow over the hips. Colors like dark blue, green and purple can help balance out the proportions.
- Fabrics like cotton or linen skim over midsection, which is perfect for apple-shaped body types. Go for colors like navy, black and emerald green to generate a slimming effect.
- For hourglass-shaped bodies, fabrics like jersey and spandex are good in hugging the curves. Colors like red, burgundy & emerald green can enhance the shape.
- Fabrics like race and ruffles add volume and texture for rectangle-shaped body types. Colors like pastels, oranges and bright pinks can facilitate making the illusion of the curves, thus adding a dimension to it.
Embracing Your Unique Body Shape
Irrespective of how your clothing accomodates you, you should always feel confident in your body, enough to celebrate the unique features. Everyone’s body is beautiful in its own way because of our differences. Instead of focusing on what you don’t like about your body, embrace the peace to accept your body as it is. It neither carries any disadvantages to harm itself, nor it carries any advantages to demean others. Every body type, irrespective of what anyone puts forth, is as normal as others. At the end of the day, feeling bold and comfortable in your own skin is what matters the most.
Choosing the right top for your body shape depends so much on your key features and choosing styles to flatter them. By taking factors into account such as the style, cut, fabric and color, you can have a wardrobe of cute tops for women like you who are amazing in their own way. Such a wardrobe serves the purpose of scaling your dressing sense to the best level. Remember to embrace your unique body and prioritize feeling confident and comfortable in your clothes.