Cotton prints fabric is a canvas that showcases the artistry of block printing, a craft rooted in tradition.
This timeless technique involves skilled artisans meticulously carving designs that are intricate on blocks made of wood. These blocks are then dipped in dyes and then impressed on the cotton fabric, this results in beautiful and unique patterned textiles.
At Indo Libas, we, as block print fabric manufacturers, cherish this rich heritage, offering you a diverse range of fabric printing options, including the intricate hand block printing, ensuring that each piece tells a story of craftsmanship and design which is why we export wholesale fabric from India.
The Advantages of Cotton Fabric
Let's explore why cotton is not just a fabric but a choice for those who appreciate comfort and durability:
Cotton fabric allows air to flow, making it a comfortable choice in various climates.
The breathable nature of cotton ensures that you feel cool and relaxed, making it ideal for everyday wear.
The robust nature of cotton ensures that your clothing stands the test of time.
When you choose cotton, you are choosing a fabric that accompanies you on your journey, providing comfort and style that lasts.
Cotton's ability to absorb moisture makes it adaptable to different activities and weather conditions.
Whether you are on a sunny day stroll or a hectic day at work, cotton adjusts to your needs, keeping you dry and comfortable.
Comfort: The softness of cotton against the skin provides unparalleled comfort.
Indo Libas understands the importance of comfort in fashion. Our cotton prints not only look good but feel good too, ensuring you carry confidence with every step.
How to Wash Block Printed Fabric: Tips and Tricks
In this blog we will share some essential washing tips and tricks to keep your block printed cotton fabric outfits vibrant and lively for a long time.
Let's get started:
Before your first wash, consider the following:
To maintain vibrant colors, soak the fabric in a mixture of cold water and salt for about half an hour.
Taking a moment to soak the fabric ensures the colors stay vivid, enhancing the beauty of your garment.
Wash block-printed items with similar colors or separately to prevent color bleeding.
Keeping similar colors together during the first wash ensures that the vibrant hues of your block cotton print fabrics stay true, avoiding any unwanted surprises.
Handle block-printed fabrics delicately.
Like a delicate artwork, block prints require a gentle approach. This soft touch ensures the intricate designs stay intact, allowing you to enjoy the artistry for a long time.
How to Properly Care for Your Block Printed Fabrics
Washing your block printed fabrics is like giving them a spa day – a gentle and refreshing treatment that preserves their beauty.
When it comes to washing, hand washing is the way to go and here is a simple guide to follow:
Using Lukewarm Water:
- Fill a basin with lukewarm water.
- Add a gentle, pH-neutral detergent.
Lukewarm water is like a warm embrace for your fabric, making sure it gets a good, delicate cleaning.
The Gentle Swirl:
- Place your fabric in the soapy water.
- Gently swirl it around to clean away impurities without compromising its elegance.
Cool Water Splash:
- Thoroughly rinse the fabric with cool water.
- A cool water rinse is like a refreshing splash, leaving your fabric clean and ready to shine.
After washing your fabric in the using the above given techniques, it is time for your fabric to dry and keep its beauty intact:
No Wringing Zone:
- Avoid wringing or twisting the fabric.
- Treat your fabric with love and gentleness during the drying process, just like handling a delicate masterpiece.
- Gently press the fabric between two clean towels.
- Pressing between towels ensures excess water is absorbed without disrupting delicate block prints.
Nature's Drying Room:
- Lay the fabric flat on a clean, dry towel or hang it in a shaded area.
- Allowing your fabric to air dry is like letting it bask in nature's drying room, preserving the vibrancy of the block prints.
Now, let's talk about ironing and storing your beloved block printed fabrics:
- Set your iron to a low or medium heat setting and iron on the reverse side.
- A low-heat ironing session pampers your fabric, ensuring the prints remain unscathed.
The Cloth Trick:
- Place a thin cotton cloth between the iron and the fabric to protect the prints.
- The cloth acts as a protective barrier, ensuring that the touch of the iron is gentle, like a guardian shielding the delicate block prints.
- Steer clear of using steam to avoid color bleeding.
- Creating a steam-free zone ensures that the colors of your block prints remain as vivid as the day you fell in love with them.
Lastly, let's give some special care tips for specific block prints:
Dabu Block Print:
- Avoid prolonged soaking to maintain the integrity of the mud resist.
- Just like mud that needs a solid foundation, avoiding prolonged soaking ensures the essence of Dabu block prints.
Sanganeri Block Print:
- Wash separately for the first few washes to prevent color bleeding.
- Giving Sanganeri prints some alone time ensures that each color retains its identity.
Ajrakh Block Print:
- Consider a mild vinegar rinse before the first wash to set the colors.
- A mild vinegar rinse is like sealing the colors in a protective layer, ensuring Ajrakh block prints age gracefully.
Shibori Block Print:
- Handle with extra care to preserve tied and dyed patterns.
- Treating Shibori prints with extra care ensures that the intricate patterns resonate with beauty.
- With these simple steps, your block printed fabrics will stay vibrant and beautiful, ready to add elegance to any occasion.
Why Choose Indo Libas
As you embark on your journey of caring for block printed fabrics, consider the advantages of choosing Indo Libas:
With over two decades of experience, we are dedicated to providing you with quality products that stand the test of time.
Our commitment to quality craftsmanship is a legacy that spans over two decades, ensuring that each piece reflects our dedication to excellence.
Our fashion pieces are a fusion of traditional artisanal craftsmanship and contemporary design.
Indo Libas is much more than just fashion, instead it is a fusion of artistry. Each piece is a canvas where traditional craftsmanship meets contemporary design, creating a unique masterpiece.
We are passionate about using natural dyes and environmentally friendly fabrics to create fashion that is good for you and the planet.
Indo Libas is not just a brand. We are committed to sustainable practices. We believe in fashion that not only makes you look good but also contributes to the well-being of the planet.
In conclusion, the art of washing and caring for block printed cotton fabrics requires a delicate touch and adherence to specific guidelines. By taking care of the tricks and tips enlisted in this blog, you make sure that your block printed fabrics retain their vibrancy and designs for a very long period of time.